I’ve recently started using the fantastic Capacities as my main note-taking/PKM tool.
Here are some custom shortcuts/workflow I set up for working with Capacities’ macOS desktop app a bit quicker and more efficiently.
Table of Contents
- F2 – Bring up/Switch to Capacities
- F3 – Create a new object in Capacities
- F4 – Search in Capacities
- ⌘⇧U or ⌘⇧E – Save the current page as a weblink in Capacities
- Append to Daily Note in Capacities via Alfred
- Search in Capacities via Alfred
- ⌘[ and ⌘] – Go back and forward in Capacities
- ⌘H – Today’s Daily Note in Capacities
- ⌘N – New content in Capacities
F2 – Bring up/Switch to Capacities
F3 – Create a new object in Capacities
F4 – Search in Capacities
⌘⇧U or ⌘⇧E – Save the current page as a weblink in Capacities
You may have to adjust this if you have an object type that starts with
W beside the default Weblinks.
If you use Safari instead of Google Chrome, replace
Append to Daily Note in Capacities via Alfred
dn <your message>
Go to Alfred settings → Features → Web Search.
Add a new custom search.
Search in Capacities via Alfred
This setup passes the search term from Alfred (
ns <search term>) to Keyboard Maestro. KM then brings up the Command Bar in Capacities and pastes the input in.
⌘[ and ⌘] – Go back and forward in Capacities
⌘H – Today’s Daily Note in Capacities
H for Home.